Prapta.com calls itself a "100% AJAX Web 2.0 Social Network" and "The Next-Generation in Social Networking." According to the Prapta home page, registered Prapta users can:
- Browse through over one million life experiences (I wonder how many of these are honest!)
- "Blog and attach experiences to it!" (Sounds a little confusing)
- View your life's progress
- Find soulmates with our life comparison system
In this Prapta review, I'll share some thoughts I've had while exploring the Prapta service. I hope you take a look at Prapta as well.
Thoughts on Prapta:
1. I like the AJAXy chicklet at the top showing some recent declarations of personal experiences - it rotates so you keep seeing new ones ("I have been to the Civic Museum of ...", "I have played ...", etc.) all the time.
2. I signed up (free and easy) and instantly liked a lot of things about Prapta. The interface is drag-and-drop (think Netvibes or Pageflakes) and you can do a lot of different things, just as the screenshots and blurbs on the home page promise.
3. I wish Prapta had RSS feeds - it would be great to have that capability. Maybe it does offer feeds - I just couldn't find any.
4. I love that you can sort a lot of things and see who's the most "experienced," for example - that's one of the most addicting things about a lot of social networking sites like YouTube (yes, that's a social networking site for many people) or MySpace.
Questions about Prapta:
1. How does Prapta keep users on-topic? Does everything have to be centered around experiences one has had, or can you use the Prapta platform as a way to explain, for example, different products and services your business offers?
2. How come the links at bottom don't lead to anything? This might cause some to question the authenticity of the site.
3. Will all that AJAX hurt Prapta's search engine rankings? I know search engines don't always pick up text well if it's embedded in AJAX.
Anyway, I like what I've seen so far with Prapta and plan to try it out more in the coming weeks. I hope you take a close look and amybe you'll end up being a longtime Prapta fan!